- x64 architecture-based computer with Intel processor that supports Intel 64 architecture (formerly known as Intel EM64T)
- AMD processor that supports the AMD64 platform
- Intel Itanium IA64 processors not supported
- The page file size minimum and maximum must be set to physical RAM plus 10 MB
Disk partitions formatted as NTFS file systems, which applies to the following partitions:
- System partition
- Partitions that store Exchange binary files
- Partitions containing transaction log files
- Partitions containing database files
- Partitions containing other Exchange files
Directory Server Architecture:
- Outlook 2013 Preview
- Outlook 2010 SP1 with April 2012 Cumulative Update
- Outlook 2007 SP3 with July 2012 Cumulative Update
- Entourage 2008 for Mac, Web Services Edition
- Outlook for Mac 2011
- Oversubscription or dynamic adjustment of memory allocated to Exchange 2013 Preview virtual machines.
- Virtual machine snapshots which capture the state of a running virtual machine and allow reverting to a previous state.
Microsoft Unified Communications Managed API 4.0, Core Runtime 64-bit
Microsoft Office 2010 Filter Pack 64 bit
- Microsoft Office 2010 Filter Pack SP1 64 bit
Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5
- Windows Management Framework 3.0
- Install-WindowsFeature RSAT-ADDS (Windows Server 2012)
- Add-WindowsFeature RSAT-ADDS (Windows Server 2008R2 SP1)
PowerShell Add Windows-Commponents
---------------------------- schnipp ----------------------------
Install-WindowsFeature AS-HTTP-Activation, Desktop-Experience, NET-Framework-45-Features, RPC-over-HTTP-proxy, RSAT-Clustering, Web-Mgmt-Console, WAS-Process-Model, Web-Asp-Net45, Web-Basic-Auth, Web-Client-Auth, Web-Digest-Auth, Web-Dir-Browsing, Web-Dyn-Compression, Web-Http-Errors, Web-Http-Logging, Web-Http-Redirect, Web-Http-Tracing, Web-ISAPI-Ext, Web-ISAPI-Filter, Web-Lgcy-Mgmt-Console, Web-Metabase, Web-Mgmt-Console, Web-Mgmt-Service, Web-Net-Ext45, Web-Request-Monitor, Web-Server, Web-Stat-Compression, Web-Static-Content, Web-Windows-Auth, Web-WMI, Windows-Identity-Foundation
PowerShell Add Windows-Commponents
---------------------------- schnapp ----------------------------
Next: Set Net.Tcp Port Sharing Service > Automatic
Prepare Schema... e.g. .\setup /prepareAD /IAcceptExchangeServerLicenseTerms /OrganizationName "Tayfun"
Exchange 2013 Setup - Unarttended
Setup.exe /mode:Install /role:ClientAccess,Mailbox /OrganizationName:MyOrg /IAcceptExchangeServerLicenseTerms
This command creates an Exchange 2013 Preview organization in Active Directory called MyOrg, installs the Client Access server role, Mailbox server role, and the management tools and also accepts the Exchange 2013 Preview licensing terms.
Setup.exe /mode:Install /role:ClientAccess,Mailbox /TargetDir:"C:\Exchange Server"
This command installs the Client Access server role, the Mailbox server role, and the management tools to the "C:\Exchange Server" directory. This command assumes an Exchange 2013 Preview organization has already been prepared.
This command installs the Client Access server role, the Mailbox server role, and the management tools to the default installation location.
Setup.exe /mode:Uninstall /role:Mailbox
This command removes the Mailbox server role from the server.
This command completely removes Exchange 2013 Preview from the server and removes this server's Exchange configuration from Active Directory.
Setup.exe /PrepareAD /on:"My Org"
This command creates an Exchange organization called My Org and prepares Active Directory for Exchange 2013 Preview.
C:\ExchangeServer\bin\Setup.exe /m:Install /r:ClientAccess /SourceDir:d:\amd64
This command adds the Client Access server role to an existing Exchange 2013 Preview server using D:\amd64 as the source directory.
Setup.exe /role:ClientAccess,Mailbox /UpdatesDir:"C:\ExchangeServer\New Patches"
This command updates ExchangeServer.msi with patches from the specified directory, and then installs the Client Access server role, Mailbox server role, and the management tools. If a language pack bundle is included in this directory, the language pack is also installed.
Setup.exe /mode:Install /role:ClientAccess,Mailbox /DomainController:DC01
This command uses the domain controller DC01 to query and make changes to Active Directory while installing the Client Access server role, Mailbox server role, and the management tools.
Setup.exe /mode:Install /role:ClientAccess /AnswerFile:c:\ExchangeConfig.txt
This command installs the Client Access server role by using the settings in the ExchangeConfig.txt file.
This command removes the object Exchange03 from Active Directory.
This command installs the Korean Unified Messaging language pack from the %ExchangeSourceDir%\ServerRoles\UnifiedMessaging directory.
Exchange Control Panel (ECP - web-based)
What's New and Changes in Exchange 2013 follow shortly...